In a nutshell: It’s been a great 2017 for the BAI community. Let’s reflect on what we’ve done, and look forward to 2018!
Our goal at Business Administration Information is to help you and your business grow. In 2017, we’ve focused on articles designed to help companies grow, entrepreneurs flourish and managers inspire. Here’s a quick look at some of our favorite stories from the previous year.
We’d love to hear from you — what stories did you enjoy in 2017, and what do you want to read about in 2018? Leave us a comment below.
- 5 Work Perks Your Small Business Can Afford: No, your small business can’t match Google or Netflix for employee perks. But there are creative ways to provide inexpensive benefits that will boost productivity, increase loyalty and appeal to jobseekers.
- 3 Ways to Find Qualified Employees Without a Huge HR Budget: Reach out, trust your current employees and seek out partners if you’re trying to recruit for your small business.
- How Do I Qualify as a Minority-Owned Business Enterprise (MBE)? Gaining Minority-Owned Business Enterprise status can help businesses bidding for government contracts.
- 4 Steps to Build a Better Brand: Your brand is the promise you make to customers. Make it memorable and responsive.
- What Do Gen Z Customers Want? Generation Z will be a massive economic force. Here’s how to get them to notice your products and services.
- Using the Promotional Pyramid to Reach More Customers: The promotional pyramid is a framework that helps you understand how to approach your buyers, from the broadest advertising campaign to personalized outreach.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Why You Should Care: Social action can help you build your business by fostering stronger connections with customers, investors and the public.
- 4 Ways to Increase Diversity: Looking for a way to make your business more creative, inventive, productive and profitable? The answer might be to encourage more diversity and inclusion.
- How Organizations Are Failing Women (and 4 Things You Can Do About It): Even though women and men are represented equally at the entry level, fewer women than men are promoted.
- Preparing for a Job Interview: Preparation and research can help you perform better when you’re seeking a new job.
- [Quiz] Test Your Work-From-Home Savvy: Are you making the most of your work-from-home experience?
- 4 Ways to Make the Most of Downtime: Take advantage of slow times to be more productive and prepared for the busy times ahead.
- How to Get an SBA Loan: Take the first steps toward securing a SBA for your small company.
- Funding Business Growth: Now that you’ve gotten your business off the ground, where do you find the funding for growth and expansion? Here are two options.
- The Big Question: Lease or Buy? Should you make a major purchase or rent out what you need? This information may help you make the decision that works best for your company.
- 3 Things Employees Can Do to Prevent Small Business Cybercrime: Enlist your employees in the ongoing effort to protect your small business’ vital data and IT systems.
- Avoiding Ransomware at Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses: Ransomware can endanger your small- or medium-sized business. Take these precautions to protect yourself.
- IT Best Practices for Small Businesses: IT can be challenging for small business owners, but it’s better to spend time protecting systems and training employees than dealing with the downtime and cost of a system breakdown or attack.